Monday, October 4, 2010

Check out social networking sites

There are many different kinds of social networking sites, such as Facebook, Myspace, Friendster and Sina. I have accounts with all these networking sites. I use Facebook the most because a lot of my friends are using it. According to the name of Facebook, it makes me think of seeing different people's face through this site. The users can upload pictures, update status, inbox messages, live chats and create events on Facebook. People also can tag their friends in the pictures and status. By doing so, their friends will receive notification from the people who tag them and leave comments over there. There are also many online games you can play with friends on Facebook and they are fun. The layout of facebook is very clear and easy to use. It does not require a background or page setup, everything is instant. Therefore, Facebook  is perfect for those lazy people like me. I did not use Myspace and Friendster for a long time because my friends stopped using them. Myspace is like a diary book to me. People can share their news and stories on their own web page. I think Myspace is very similar to Blogger. The users can create a new post and let others leave comments on there. Also, people can design how the page looks like. Friendster is a place for people to share pictures and recent activities. The users can design the layouts and button colors according to their own preference. Since not many of my friends use it, I did not use it any more. Occasionally,  I still receive E-mail from Friendster and reminding me some of my friends birthday are coming soon which makes me appreciated. Sina is a relatively  new networking site in China. Since China can not use Facebook due to some publishing problems, Sina becomes very popular. It might be new to you guys, so I would like to share my Sina blog with you here. It categorizes by friends, fans and blogs. When you are friends with someone, you will see their newest updates on your homepage. If you are fans of someone like a super star, you can see his/her most recent activities on your site. You also can write your diary on your blog and share some pictures with your diary entry or link them to others' Sina site. I use Sina to keep in touch with my friends in China. I like Sina because it is like a combination of Facebook, Friendster and Myspace.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Sina before, very interesting. I also did not know that Facebook isn't allowed in China. As someone in the US, I think this is an excellent tool to communicate with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete