Monday, October 18, 2010

Twitter: Discussion

It is my first time using twitter and I am still a little bit confused about it. Twitter seems like Facebook's status updates with a short message and plenty replies from friends. My problem with Twitter is the tweets are moving too fast and I can't even see who replied my tweet. However, if I install the Twitter file to my iPhone and turn on the "Push" option, I can see my tweets immediately. I did and I found Twitter was fun. It is not like Black Board's discussion board which is tradition, slow and boring. When we use BB discussing a same topic, we need to click into each post in order to reply  to one person. With Twitter, we can reply multiple people by just @ them.
I think Twitter is very convenient to use. It limits with 140 characters for a tweet which makes the user try to make it nice and neat. Sometimes reading a long post is time consuming and boring. With Twitter, it is more like a up to the point discussion and we can post a tweet fast and reply tweet soon. Doesn't it sound good?

1 comment:

  1. I was actually opposed to using twitter before this class. I found it very nice just like you did, it is easier to make a quick response to what the person thinks than on facebook, in my opinion. Also it is much more efficient than using a traditional forum such as blackboard.

    ReplyDelete