Monday, November 15, 2010

Our Class Wiki - So Far

In our class wiki, I chose to contribute on New Media in Healthcare with an interesting topic – Weight Loss. Maintaining a good weight is very important because that means a lot to our health. Over weighted people tend to easier to get obesity and diabetes. Therefore, we need to keep fit in order to be healthy. Many people are serious about it. The best and healthiest way to lose weight is to eat right and do exercises. How do new media help us to maintain a healthy weight? It is easy, by a calorie calculator.
People used to calculate calories by writing down what they eat for each supper and follow the nutrition label to see how many calories they had. For exercise, people record how long did they work then calculate how many calories they have burned. Those are old ways to might not be as accurate as we use a calorie calculator.  It has most of the foods and exercise in the system. When you enter any foods in, the calories will show up on the calculator. On the other hand, when you input an exercise, it is a negative number appear as how many calories did you burn through that exercise. Isn’t that convenient compare to those old ways? I am going to do more research on this topic and share some interesting thing about New Media in Healthcare.  
However, I did not contribute anything from my project to wiki. My topic was E-book and I got so much information about it. I think I should start to work on that, too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Faye: your contribution sounds very interesting, I have to check on that page!! and personally think the Wiki editing is so complicated, wish it could be something more user-friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very interesting topic. I came to here 5 years ago, and I keep gaining weight. I hope I can control my weight through reading your page.

    ReplyDelete